2018 RUMMAGE SALE GUIDELINES
Rummage sale donations are accepted on designated drop-off days at the GHCC annex building. Furniture and other oversize items should be taken to the Norwegian Point Park boathouse on the same drop-off days. We have limited transport resources but if you are unable to deliver large items, pick-ups may be arranged provided items are on the ground floor of your home.
Clothing: Items should be new or only gently used, clean and folded. We’re can not take undergarments. Clothing not meeting these conditions can be donated to charity at a drop box at the Hansville Grocery Store or to Goodwill.
Electronics: Please note that all computers and other electronic systems to be donated must be less than five years old AND must be in be in good working condition to be accepted. TVs must be flat screen models.
Appliances: Arrange for major appliances to be inspected by a GHCC representative prior to being brought for drop-off. They must be plugged in and running so that satisfactory operation can be verified. This will prevent a needless trip if it is determined during the inspection the item is not suitable for the Rummage Sale.
Disposal fees (for large appliances): We accept large appliances (refrigerators, freezers, ovens, ranges, cooktops, dishwashers, washers, dryers, etc.) only if accompanied with a non-refundable fee of $20.00 to cover the cost of disposal if the item does not sell at the Rummage Sale. Please note that this is the same fee you will pay if you take the item directly to the county disposal centers.
Items we CANNOT not accept:
- Large Desks, Entertainment Centers for NON-Flat Screen TVs
- Particle Board or Home Made Furniture
- Incomplete Beds or Bed Frames, Roll-A-Way Beds, Hide-A-Beds, Cribs
- Box Springs or Mattresses
- Carpet, Padding (Rugs OK)
- Christmas trees/stands/lights/ornaments
- Printers, VCRs, VHS and Cassette Tapes
- Children’s Car Seats
- Encyclopedias, Readers Digest Condensed Books, Magazines or Periodicals
- Tires, Wheels, Tire Chains
- Auto and Marine Batteries
- Charcoal and “Old-hookup” Propane BBQs
- Exercise Equipment
- Non-Durable Medical Goods
- Vacuums and Ironing Boards
- Windows and Doors
- “Leftovers” after estate and moving sales